PrideMinistry Online Directory of Affirming Spiritual Counselors
We invite you to visit the PrideMinistry online directory of warm and welcoming LGBTQAI+, Kink, BDSM, Leather, Fetish, Poly/CNM, GNC, Alternative Lifestyle, Alternative Family Constellation, and/or Alternative Relationship-affirming spiritual counselors here.
FAQS About Spiritual Counseling:
- Some spiritual counselors offer the opportunity to meet in-person, while others meet with counseling clients via online sessions. Some do both.
- There are many types of spiritual counselors spanning diverse faith traditions, cultures, ethnicities, philosophies, lineages, theological backgrounds, spiritual paths, and identities.
- Spiritual counseling is not psychological or psychotherapy counseling, but rather it is supportive, loving, and reflective listening by a spirituality-based practitioner who partners with you in tapping into your inherent wisdom so that together you may work though what needs to be healed or learned.
- A skilled spiritual counselor will help you to understand yourself and will work with you to find the healing, relief, answers, happiness, inner wisdom, peace, and enlightenment you seek.
- As with other kinds of counseling, spiritual counseling affords you the opportunity to talk in confidence with someone who will hear you fully without exercising any form of personal judgment.
- Some people who work with a spiritual counselor are simultaneously in psychotherapy, as they are different yet often complementary healing modalities, much like yoga, Ayurveda, or acupuncture.
Note: Service providers listed on the PrideMinistry directory are not affiliated with, supervised by, or employed by, or endorsed by PrideMinistry. PrideMinistry assumes no responsibility or oversight for them and has no part in the services they provide. PrideMinistry has reviewed their applications to be part of the directory and applicants have attested to the truthfulness and accuracy of their credentials as they have presented them.
This directory is not for mental health emergency or crisis services or psychological or psychotherapy services. Mental health emergencies generally fall outside of the role of a spiritual counselor. If you are experiencing an emergency, crisis, or an urgent mental health issue immediately contact your own mental health provider, go to the nearest hospital emergency room, or call 911. You may also visit the following page for a list of Affirming crisis and counseling hotlines, organizations, & related services: https://ostem.org/page/crisis-hotlines